1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

script

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Leo_Moon, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leo_Moon

Leo_Moon Thread Starter

I have been having a on going problem with web pages."An error has occurred in the script on this page." I have uninstalled Java machine and reinstalled it. The fix is short term then it starts up again I have run virus scans and spy & Adware scans I can't find the problem.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it is a javascript error, Java has nothing to do with it.

Do you get these errors on all pages or just some?

Have you tried turning off error notification in Internet Options, Advanced: "Display a notification about every script error"?

3. Leo_Moon

Leo_Moon Thread Starter

No these errors happen only on some pages like (news & info.pages and download pages ect.) but on pages like Goolge, Yahoo work no problem . yes I have turned off the error notification and disabled script debugging, but it still reports them.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. Leo_Moon

Leo_Moon Thread Starter

I have downloaded the file that you told me about (scripting engine 5.6) and installed it and still I get these errors. I doubled check everything its making me craze. I'm not going to let it beat me!!! Thank you very much for your help, its greatly appreciated.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK.

Go to Start > Run, and type:
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Be sure the box labelled "Disable Script Debugging" is also checked in Internet Options.

And the box labelled "Enable third-party browser extensions" if you are using Sun Java.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice