Scroll bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaveG53

Horizontal SCROLL BAR at bottom of screen disappeared on Excel 8. I have Windows XP 2007 edition. How do I retrieve bottom scroll bar?

Have you accidentally made it really small? It happened to me once!

Check if you have two tiny vertical rectangles at the far bottom right of your screen, on the same level as the worksheet tabs. If so, then hover your cursor over the left one and then drag it to the left. You can change the length of the scroll bar without (I think!) changing how it works, so you may have reduced the length to the point where it *seems* to be invisible.

If it's not that, then you may have turned it off. Occasionally I have accidentally hit Ctrl+ a letter when I meant to hit Shift+ a letter and have executed shortcuts that I didn't even know existed. Here's how you turn the scrollbar on again.

Click the round "Office" button
Click "Excel options"
Click "Advanced"
Scroll down to the "Display options for this workbook" section
Tick the box for the horizontal scroll-bar.
Click OK.

I hope this helps!

Pat.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online