1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ScrollBox needed for fixed window

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by HalfwayHose, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalfwayHose

HalfwayHose Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have a Samsung ActiveX application that runs via Internet Explorer. The window for it has been set to a fixed size and it has been working just fine for quite some time on conventional 4:3 monitors.

I have just bought a Netbook with 16:9 (1024 x 600) screen and now the window is forced to the "9" height and the bottom 1/4 of the application is hidden and no scroll bars to move it up. I need to get to the control buttons that are in that bottom quarter of the app's screen.

A myriad of calls to Samsung has achieved nothing as the application is no longer supported. I have a lot of time and money invested in this system and it continues to work well, so I do not want to scrap it.

I tried changing the screen resolution to no avail.

I have hidden the TaskBar to get the max screen height, but still the same, it just makes the box taller and wider but still covering the same amount.

Can anyone suggest how I can get to those buttons at the bottom of the app screen?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice