1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scrolling down the screen "rolls"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by renzandjo, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. renzandjo

renzandjo Thread Starter

hi, i have windows xp home edition. I recently got my computer back from being serviced and the way it scrolls down the page using the mouse is like it is "rolling" or "wavy" and I miss alot when trying to read any page. it is very annoying. I want to get it back to the old, standard way that I can just scroll down line by line. Does anyone know what I am talking about and can anyone suggest something to try to correct this. Thanks, appreciate it

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

renzandjo, Go into your Control Panel and open the Mouse applet and look under the Wheel tab and adjust the settings. I use 3 lines at a time but it's up to you.

Tufenuf

3. renzandjo

renzandjo Thread Starter

thanks, but it already set to 3. Any other ideas? It's like the pages are going down one on top of the other, very wavy. thanks

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

renzandjo, Back to the Wheel tab. Make sure that "one page at a time" isn't selected.

Tufenuf

5. renzandjo

renzandjo Thread Starter

hi, it's not selected. Also my page view is very large. Words go off to the side of the page and I have to use the arrows to read the entire page. It's not the font size because I tried that. Any other ideas?

6. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

renzandjo, Did you change your Screen Resolution recently? Right click your Desktop, choose Properties, under the Settings tab move the slider to the right a notch, click Apply/OK.

Tufenuf

7. renzandjo

renzandjo Thread Starter

no I have not. I just can't figure out what is causing this "quick scrolling" or rolling down the page, if you think of anything else please let me know. thanks

8. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

renzandjo, Try changing the Screen Resolution to a higher number. You can always change it back to what it was.

Tufenuf

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/726947