Scrolling Issue

jasonung2

Hello, I am having trouble scrolling on certain platforms and it is really fustrating. For example, if I go to the sound icon ---> opening sound settings, and I try scrolling down towards related settings or help from the web on the bottom it automatically scrolls me back up thus, not being able to click on anything at the bottom. It also occurs when I view my file explorer and when I scroll down on the left side where desktop, downloads, onedrive, this pc and network it automatically scolls back up and not being able to allow me to be able to reach and click on this pc or network. Another thing is when I access excel, if I scroll towards the right it automatically scrolls me to the left which I am not able to edit or type anything on the right hand side. Or when I go on youtube and I hover over the sound button, the sound adjuster automatically starts going down and towards the left. These are just some examples that I have experienced, however, when I access different websites the scroll down and up is not affected. I have tried unplugging my mouse, uninstalling/reinstalling my mouse, updating windows 10, going back to an older version of Windows 10, troubleshooting, and nothing works. I am really confused and this never has happened to me before. Thank you very much if anyone knows how to help me or what is going on.

jasonung2

Buy a new mouse. Costs $15 if you don't want brand name ones.
I tried another mouse that worked perfectly fine on my brother's computer but when I used it on my desktop it did the same thing so I think it is not a mouse issue.

jasonung2

Also try Windows 10 Security Center (i personally recommend it)
I just tried windows security and did a full scan and defender offline scan and it states there is no current threats. Any other ideas on what's happening?

DakBai

Dak
Try sfc /scannow in cmd (elevated). Also see if drivers are up-to-date?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online