Scrolling Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pete05

Did a search on this first and found no answers. The problem is that when I scroll down a page, it scrolls in waves. If I shut off the hardware accelerator then it goes back to normal. But then the music on my Rhapsody service shuts off and on as I scroll.
Anyone else run into this problem? Thanks in advance!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome.

How much ram does your video card have? I think sometimes a better video card will solve that type of problem.....especially if you are using onboard video.

Also it can indicate a general lack of resource, such as a relatively slow CPU speed.

Perhaps you could post the specs of the whole PC?

Pete05

Thanks for the welcome! I'm still a bit slow on finding things.
AMD Athlon 220xp plus...1.80 GHz...512 MB of RAM

Don't know anything about the video card.

Have tried adjusting the screen resolutions, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers...all to no avail

I can tell you how this all started. I ran a virus check and was informed that there were over 400 viruses all lodged in ActiveX.
Being a doofus :) I got rid of them all. Shut off the pc and when I turned it back on, this scrolling problem appeared. Did a repair on safe mode, but it didn't help.

My question is: if the video card is having problems, then why did this not happen before my inadvised move in getting rid of these supposed viruses?

do you get any errors on the event viewer ?

also candy do you know why im not getting e-mail notifications anymore ?

Pete05

natcom said:
I don't remember exactly what day that happened, but I'll try to track it down as best as I can. It's been awhile so that would probably make it pretty futile. But I'll remember to start accessing that little utility from now on. Thanks!

pete5 sure np is Good to keep track of what is going on on your system from time to time :)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
natcom said:

also candy do you know why im not getting e-mail notifications anymore ?

Perhaps yahoo is blocking them as spam?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online