1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scrrun.dll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jasnick, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jasnick

jasnick Thread Starter

I believe this .dll is considered spyware by Spybot and I think I may have removed it at sometime.

Yesterday something sent to me by a friend wouldn't work and I discovered this scrrun.dll missing. IE6 wouldn't repair so I re-installed it. However, I was still missing scrrun.dll so I downloaded a copy.

From all my reading yesterday, I seem to remember something about the file needing to be "registered" before it could be used. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

2. pc_doctor

pc_doctor

Internet Explorer doesnt need to be registered, however you do need all the dll files. Where did you get this Internet Explorer Download from. It may be it has nothing to do with Internet Explorer, it could be to do with your windows operating system, try visiting http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?scrrun make sure you paste this dll file into your windows system /system 32 (depending on your Operating system) and then it should work

3. jasnick

jasnick Thread Starter

Yes,thanks, it is working now.

4. pc_doctor

pc_doctor

No worry's did u go to the site i suggested

5. jasnick

jasnick Thread Starter

Yes, actually I had been there the day before - that is where I downloaded from - thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice