1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SCSI 70 ghz hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sean1016, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean1016

Sean1016 Thread Starter

My computer is not recognizing my SCSI 70 ghz drive. It keeps saying PXE-E61 failure check cable. It worked fine last night, I reformatted my secondary IDE 40 ghz drive and I could not get my computer to start. I had to disconnect my SCSI drive and setup windows xp on my IDE 40 ghz drive to get my computer to start. It still doesn't recognize my SCSI drive. I need help.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Ok, you installed windows on an ide drive. Did you install the drivers for your scsi card AND does the card show up as working in device manager?

BTW the pxe msg pertains to the system attempting to boot from a network. As Rich posted you may have had a drive / cable failure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/571554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice