SCSI AHA 2940 slow post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asphalt-race

Greetings, all,
I have an Adaptec SCSI 2940 adapter with Sony CRX 1455 CDRW. It takes forever for the adapter to post; app. 35-40 seconds. When it finally posts, it says it could non find int 13. Any ideas?

Shuttle AK32VN MB
AMD XP2400+
2-40g Seagate HD
1g memory
Geforce 3 Ti200 Video Card

Was there a second number such as 13,10 or just 13?

The length will be fixed with the solution as to why it's not finding int. 13.

If you open Device Manager / hardware do you see any errors? Yellow question marks?

asphalt-race

Thanks for the quick responses! I figured it out in the SCSI bios. It was looking for a boot device. It defaults to that setting. I just disabled most of the options, and in posts much quicker. Again, thanks for the help.

K7M

you can leave most of the settings at their default setting. if you do not have a hard drive attached you should disable the bios. also make sure that you have the SCSI chain terminated properly. if you only have the internal CD attached the card should be terminated ( that can be done in settings) and the CD chould be terminated (there should be a connector on the back to do that).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online