1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scsi and problems installing windows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jubeju, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jubeju

jubeju Thread Starter

Tough one... not even IBM support could help me...

Im trying to load Windows 2000 Professional (with service pack 4) on an IBM Intellestation Z Pro (model 6223-14U). The system has a scsi hard drive... and there is no operating system currently loaded.

The problem is, when i boot up to install windows from the CD, I always get 'Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer' and aborts the installation. The bios settings are correct, and I read it could be that I need a driver loaded for the onboard scsi adaptor. So i did that.....

It gives me the option to install a 3rd party scsi or raid driver during windows 2000 setup (before actually tried to setup) and i insert the floppy as it directs me too... with the correct driver as per IBM, but i get this error

File \win32\a320raid.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 1211 in F:\nt\private\ntos\boot\setup\oemdisk.c

I have tried different copies of windows 2000.. and tried downloading the driver multiple times. no luck. And just for the hell of it.. I tried loading XP and it worked fine... but i need windows 2000 for a purpose.

Any suggestions?

2. tonkacat

tonkacat

Did you change the boot sequence? You have to change it to boot from cd rom as the first option.

3. jubeju

jubeju Thread Starter

i absolutely checked the boot sequence... it was the first thing i did even before i tried installing windows 2000... and i double and triple checked after i had this problem .......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!