1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SCSI Controlers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hmisir, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hmisir

hmisir Thread Starter

Under Device Manager and under the SCSI controllers, there is a conflice with 'HP EPST Parallel SCSI Adapter'. Device Status - not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed.

How do i get an upgraded driver for this? It's preventing me from surfing the net.

Any help would be much appreciated.

System: Toshiba Satellite 4090X
    Windows 98

thanks

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

That suggests you may have installed some software for a Scanner that plugged into the parallel port at some stage?

If so, either reinstall the software or remove the software depending if you still use it.

But I don't quite see how it is preventing you from "surfing the net", could you explain that?

3. hmisir

hmisir Thread Starter

I am assuming that because of the conflict with the SCSI controller that's why i am not able to get onto the net. It gives the message 'page cannot be displayed'

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

either that or there's something wrong with your connection.

you don't give much info about your system other than it's a notebook/win98.

5. hmisir

hmisir Thread Starter

bearone2, what other info should i post?

6. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

type of connection to internet/router/wi-fi, what scsi equipment you have/had, printer, scanner, etc.

is this the original installation of 98, was it an upgrade/reinstalled?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice