1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scsi drives on nt4.0

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by robturck, Jun 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robturck

robturck Thread Starter

I have an asus motherboard with a pent 166.
    I am using an adaptec 2940 ou scsi controller card with a number of drives attached.Under windows 98 I have no problems.
    When trying to run from NT I pick up problems when attaching my seagate st15150's to the daisy chain.My other drives work fine.
    The st15150's are not installed at the end of the bus so it isn't a termination problem.

Nt boots up up to the point where it displays the service pack(6a) and then hangs
    As soon as I remove the st15150's ,NT boots up fine

please help

2. Dan O

Dan O

Post your BOOT.INI file, here.

IS SCSI BIOS enabled?

What's on the Seagate ST15150 drive?

Let us know. Dan-O :)

3. robturck

robturck Thread Starter

Hi this is what I have.
    1.My boot.ini is blank (no dual boot and booting off an ide drive)
    2.NCR scsi bios is on auto in the cmos
    3.My one st15150 has a single partition created under windows 98 fdisk and not formatted as yet.The other has a single fat partition with data on it which I can access under 98 no problem.
    Your help is much appreciated,thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/28855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice