1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scsi hard disc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wvanbuskirk3, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wvanbuskirk3

wvanbuskirk3 Thread Starter

I have 2 scsi drives in my compaq evo w6000 pc c & d drive they are 18gb I want to replace c with a 73gb drive can i put in the d drive position & copy c drive to the new drive using norton clone & then put it in the c position & put the old d drive back in the d position will my pc boot without the old d drive when i put in the new drive in it's place so i can clone c drive to the new drive Thank You [email protected]

2. dick471

dick471

I've done this many times, but I've always used the HD company's own disk copy software or Drive Image 6. You might have to modify the boot.ini of the new replacment drive. The best utility for doing this is Seagate "Disc Wizard" which will work with any brand of scsi HD. (two floppies) This also will allow the replacement drive to have one giant 73GB "C" or keep the same "C" as the original and format the rest as any other drive letter via the operating system.

3. wvanbuskirk3

wvanbuskirk3 Thread Starter

Can you mix ultra 160 & ultra 320 harddrives on the same pc wvanbuskirk3[at]comcast.net Thank You

Moderator Edit: I "modified" your address so you won't get a ton of SPAM. It's not a good idea to post your email address in the clear on a public page, it's an open invitation for SPAM.

4. dick471

dick471

YES: But they will both downgrade to ultra 160 if on the same controller card. If you have an extra PCI slot; you can run both a 160 & a 320 host card.

5. dick471

dick471

Correction: If the 320 host card is a dual channel, you can put the 160 & 320 on different channels (different ID#) and they will both run at their advertised speed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/374084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice