1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SCSI hard drive problem. Start Unit request failed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isotonic_uk, Jun 15, 2005.

?

Faviourite Computing Brand

1. Dell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. IBM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. HP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isotonic_uk

isotonic_uk Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a BIG problem here with a SCSI drive on our web server in our school.

All of a sudden i keep getting Start Unit Request Failed at start up.

and then when I try to verify the HD on the SCSI menu I receive an
    "UNEXPECTED SCSI COMMAND FAILURE" with above a SENSE KEY: "NOT READY".
    Like it says, it's not ready.

now this is the secondary hard scsi disk, my primary bootup disk is fine, when i boot up windows, it boots up fine, but doesnt see the e: drive. in device manager though it is there and it says it is working properly.

Do you think it could be the hard disk has failed. only last week on this same server the power supply went. and we changed the power supply. could thsi be related?

Thanks

Ranj

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Try reseating the connectors to the drive. You might swap the power connector between the two drives. Maybe something was bumped when the power supply was removed. If that doesn't work then probably the drive has failed. I take it that the secondary drive is on the same cable as the primary one and it was working ok before the supply went?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/371859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice