1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scsi scanner not working with win 7

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by dduggy, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dduggy

dduggy Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new Dell Studio XPS 8000 with Windows 7 Home. I set up everything but when I went to install my Microtek ScanMaker X6 EL SCSI Scanner the software told me it was not compatible and would not install. I tried several Different Scan Softwares but they said they could not detect scanner and I couldnt find a compatible driver anywhere. I checked the website but didnt find much since only listed Windows XP as highest version and said that is all it supported.
    I went ahead and tried it, but still said could not find scanner. Is there any work around or a perpherial I can use as a go between, perhaps an adapter or converter? Appreciate any help I can get.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I was in a similar situation a few months ago with a different model Microtek scanner and a Compaq computer running 64 Bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I could not find any Windows 7 drivers that would work. I ended up replacing it with an Epson Multifunction printer/scanner/copier. It was on sale for a lot less than what scanners were selling for.

3. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

I don't suggest the all-in-one units, but a new Epson would be my advice too.
    There was a similar topic here: Color Printer & Scanner Needed for Business Use

Consider this Epson: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001GBKTGM

Those old clunky scanners are crap (even pro ones) compared to these new Epsons. I say this from experience, have used scanners since the early 90s (SCSI) and into USB1 and USB2 eras.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I think my Epson NX415 cost me $49.99 + sales tax at a local Staples store. I did exchange a few e-mails with Epson support before purchasing. They told me that I would need to have all four ink tanks installed in order for the scanner to work. I was also told that the scanner section would still work if and when the tanks were reporting as empty. I am not sure what I'll do at that point; replace the tanks and keep it operational as a backup printer or let the tanks and heads dry out and just use it as a scanner.

5. dav19390

dav19390

Have you tried installing the drivers in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP?
    Right click on the driver icon, choose Properties, then Compatibility, then tick "Run this software in Compatability Mode for ......
    It worked with an old scanner of mine when I upped from XP to Vista and Epson had not written compatible drivers for that at the time.

6. thedmgroup

thedmgroup

Try contacting www.thescannershop.com they have technicians who are used to working with scsi devices and they may be able to assist you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice