1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scsii

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dyna, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyna

dyna Thread Starter

Hello helponthe.net:

My computer is very old and my boss has offered me a faster one which is being replaced.

Problem is:

All 3 PCIs are being used by a modem, video card and a sound card. I have 1 scsii to use. I need to add my USB somewhere. Which device can be moved or purchased as scsii? If this is possible could you point me in the right direction. This computer sounds over done, but the one I have now is only a Pentium 166. Is there an adapter? I don't know....

I would appreciate your help as always.

Dyna

2. TechChick

TechChick

You can't purchase a SCSI video card, sound card, or modem. You could purchase an external modem. Do you need sound on that computer? Most work computers don't. You could just remove the sound card altogether. That would free up two PCI slots. Do you need to add a PCI card that has USB ports on it? Are you sure your computer supports USB? What operating system is this computer running? You can really only use USB devices with Windows 98 or later. It doesn't work well if at all with Windows 95. What kind of SCSI device do you need to connect? Is it a scanner or some other device like that? The one card that you cannot remove is the video card, so you really only have two PCI slots to use for other devices.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice