1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SCSSI related question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Hanibal, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanibal

Hanibal Thread Starter

greetings ladies and gentelman

i need your advice on a problem encountered with a system with 2 chains and 1 HD per chain.

the customer gets the following error everytime he attempts tor run a game "can't initialize timer error"

we verified that his chains are terminated pproperly

any help on this matter will be appreciated

cheers

2. slipe

slipe

I suppose you have more to tell us if you have associated this message with SCSI. I would guess it is a problem with the game not being able to access a timer. They use CPU cycles as timers for certain events. Does it happen with just one game or several? Perhaps the customer uninstalled a game that took an essential dll or vxd with it.

3. Hanibal

Hanibal Thread Starter

thx for your reply

it happens with one game. forgive me but am not to familiar with sccsi systems.

the game is europa universalis 2.

cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice