SD Card Damaged!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cheemooks

Hi I have an issue where my 32gb Sandisk sdcard isn't working as it should and I have no idea why. The problem is this.
When I put the card into my phone it sometimes says SD card damaged try reformatting. And I reboot sometimes it mounts and works normal and then after some time between 5-10 mins it unmounts on its own... And the cycle begins again. The same thing happens if I remove the card and use an adapter to mount it on my laptop's card reader...it comes up sometimes then unmounts or it doesnt mount at all...
I have tried the following to fix it...
Quick formatting/ formatting with quick unchecked using fat32 filesystem. Then replaced my files which I copied off prior to formatting
Using cmd chkdsk /x /f (card letter) no problems found
Right clicking properties and using the disk check there.
And none of it has worked...may I have some assistance please. Thanks in advance.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
That sounds like a faulty card.
Have you cleaned the contacts?. Use a pencil eraser and wipe them from the end inwards so that you don't damage them.

cheemooks

I tried the pencil eraser it didn't work... Have I exhausted all my options? Is there no program to check for errors or anything else I can do?

mtzlplex

Account Closed
Look around on the internet for a free download of "H2testw"(without quotes), it will give you more info than you have now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online