1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD Card files visible but cannot view images on camera or Macbook

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by JackilineG1, Jan 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JackilineG1

JackilineG1 Thread Starter

Hi,

My SD card is showing files both on my camera and on my laptop, however I can only view 77 images out of 150 on both devices. Not sure why this has happened or how to rectify?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. JackilineG1

I have just ran a recovery on the SD Card and noticed all images are roughly 5mb while the last image that can be viewed of the 77 is 50mb?

3. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sounds like it might be a corrupted file system or the SD card may be failing. If your laptop is running Windows, try running chkdsk /r to see if Windows might be able to find and repair any file system corruption.

4. JackilineG1

Thank you @SpywareDr for your reply, I only have access to a mac

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

6. JackilineG1

Just tried this @SpywareDr and still no luck, tried another recovery and was only able to get back one image from the SD card :(.

7. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

<grrr> Hate when that happens.

The more important a file is to you, the more backup copies you should have. Not all on one storage device. And, at least one copy somewhere other than where you live. In case of a catastrophe.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice