1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD card issue

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by RiverOfFire, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverOfFire

RiverOfFire Thread Starter

So yesterday I was using my phone when it wouldn't load recent pictures to send someone. Then it restarted itself. Okay, it does that, fine. Booted back in and the time was wrong, the date was wrong, when the screen locked or froze I pressed the button that unlocks/wakes up/powers and it just went black, dead, off and also stopped recognizing the charger.

Queue this on repeat plus long boots up and just refusing to work correctly. Took out battery, SD card, left for a while, put in without the SD in case I had to hard reset and charged with a different charger to 100%. Booted up. Everything fine. Power down, put SD in, boot up.. Oh.. Freezing up again. Powered without, fine, powered with, refused to work.

Clearly we found the culprit. The SD card.

So now my phone won't send my pictures actually on the phone or save new ones because no SD card is in...

Thing is I had no popup or warning saying it was corrupt or there's a problem. I did have it as the main memory (forget name of that setting).. but it seems all my apps are good as are my pics and videos. Going to get new SD and tell it to forget the old one. Right move? Also what the hell happened?

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Well...nothing lasts forever. One day it works well and then all of a sudden without notice you are in trouble.
    I am not sure if you have them backed up either by itunes, icloud etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1208711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice