! internal shared storage
7.04gb used of 7.28 gb
sd card
1.13gb used of 29.70 gb
cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It depends upon the phone's manufacture how an SD card is used. Some manufacturers treat the internal storage and SD card as separate storage devices. While others treat the internal storage and SD card as one big storage device.

I used to have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I found out after I installed an SD card the phone was not using it. To use it I had to go through the apps one by one and see if they could use the SD card instead of the internal storage. For example, I configured the phone's camera to start saving photos to the SD card. Note many apps could not be configured to use the SD card. Even with the SD card the internal storage was very full most of the time so I had to sometimes delete apps to free up space. That was annoying because the SD card was mostly empty.

A friend has a Motorola Moto G4. After he installed an SD card the phone treated both the internal storage and the SD card as one big drive. The phone automatically used the SD card after the internal storage filled up.

#3 ·
What is the brand and exact model of phone?
Sometimes a card has to be specially formatted to use it as internal storage.

I have a card in my Galaxy phone. It was not specially formatted so the only things stored on it are pictures and music.

#4 ·
Yes but that wasn't the question asked. The question was why wasn't the SD card being used even though the internal storage was almost full.

Like I said my Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0 did not see the SD card as part of internal storage. In fact there was no way for me to install anything on the SD card. The only way I could use the SD card was to find apps that I could redirect their output to the SD card.

Also, like I said some phones consider an SD card as part of internal storage while others don't. The phones that treat the SD card as part of internal storage will automatically start to put thing on the SD card when the regular internal storage is full.

We will have to wait for the OP to post which phone he has so we can determine how his phone treats an SC card.

#9 ·
vodafone smartfone e8

vodafone smart e8 vfd 510 its a cheap phone i think that is the problem
Is this the manual for your phone? If it is then you can set up your microSD card either way. Look at the manual for instructions how to "set it up as an extension of the phone storage".
".
Vodafone Smart E8 Mobile Phone
https://www.argos-support.co.uk/ins...vodafone-smart-e8-mobile-phone-slate-blue.pdf

Using the microSD card as portable or phone storage - page 29.
yes manual i followed those instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.