1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD Card not recognized in computer but recognized on camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by phoenixhazard, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Thread Starter

I have an 8GB sd card i used while traveling and upon trying to get the pictures from it the computer does not recognize the card at all, no prompts, nothing. I have tried it in multiple pcs and macs and no response. My Cannon Rebel XS camera says no images found. However, when I plug it into my brother's Cannon PowerShot it actually recognizes and shows all pictures on the card. Does anyone have any reason why this is happening and how I can recover the pictures? I am not willing to just format to make the card work again, I must have these pictures.

2. vicks

vicks

Have you tried leaving the card in the camera and attaching to the computer to d/l the pictures that way. I have an Olympus camera and the pictures will d/l fine with the card left in the camera.
    vicks

3. Hughv

Hughv

Use your brother's camera to upload to your computer.

4. Soundy

Soundy

Are you using the same card reader on all these computers? Chances are, the reader(s) don't support the new SDHC (High Capacity) spec. All SD cards over 2GB are SDHC; most older and cheap newer readers don't support it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/851479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice