1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD card problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 5pades, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5pades

5pades Thread Starter

So I have a Canon PowerShot SX120 and I took some photos earlier and I took the SD card (Kingston 2GB) and put it directly in my computer. Apparently I had taken the pictures while the SD card was locked and the computer did not read it. So I took the SD card out of the slot in my computer unlocked it and the card read, but it only showed a something on the SD card that was "Do NOT access this disk" and "Virtual Setup Disk." It didn't show the usual DCIM or anything like that. And the folder force closes itself every time. When I put the SD card back into the camera it shows all the pictures but even with the card unlocked it says the card is locked. Also, I've tried the recovery programs that I found in other threads, but since the computer doesn't seem to be reading right it, the programs don't recognize the SD card. Is there anything I can do to get the pictures off the SD card?! :mad:
    Any suggestions are appreciated..

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Connect the camera by usb to your computer and try accessing the card that way.

3. DerekC

DerekC

Are you positive that the pics are on the card? Some cameras have built in memory, if the card was locked while taking pictures, the pics may have saved to the camera instead. Can you view the pics on the camera when the card is out? If so then do as Knuclehead suggests and hook it up via a usb cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice