SD Card Reader only reads one SD Card no others

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yusuo

Im having trouble with my SD Card reader, it worked perfectly fine and then i decided to safetly remove the device instead of pulling it out as I usually did, now its just allowing me to read one SD card and even that took a couple of attempts to get working re-installing a mix and match of drivers till it finally read. I have 4 sd card mainly 2gb and it will only ever read the one from the wii. Due to the problem I figured that it might be a problem with all but one of the SD cards so I tried putting them into a ubuntu based machine my friend has and low and behold they worked fine.
Thinking that it was a problem with Vista i installed XP and am having the exact same issue where only the one card reads, it reads all other cards fine just not SD cards anybody have a solution, i would post this in an XP forum but I cant find one.
Its an 8 in 1 card reader that came built in with an e-machines computer, as I said all Memory Duo, Smartdisk or Compact Flash cards work fine but it will only read one SD card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online