1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD Card Reader says: Insert disk into removable disk?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by paulb100, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

I have a 5-in-1 card reader, ive tried it in an XP computer and now my Windows 7 computer - it installs, lights up when you insert and SD card, windows plays a sound to indicate its detected, when I go into My Computer its there and its called REMOVABLE DRIVE F: - when I double click on it, it says "PLEASE INSERT A DISK INTO REMOVABLE DISK"..?

the card is from my camera and works in a USB Adapter/reader - its not write protected either?

can anyone help get this working?

thanks

2. replay

replay

i have had a few of these with the same symptoms........they are made so cheap alot of them work 1 or 2 times then dead

its not even worth sending them back to the vendor (if its new).............. i just steer clear of 'em

3. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

ive never had it working though? I cant recall if my dad did - it came with his old XP computer, he NEVER used it (the card reader) - Its not dead..it lights up and detects the card in windows, but has some issue reading or recognizing the card?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!