1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD Card Slot doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bucsaa18, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bucsaa18

bucsaa18 Thread Starter

The SD card reader slot on my Gateway laptop doesnt read my sd cards upon insertion. It is not the card, because I have tried multiple SD cards and they all do not work. There is no error message or anything, the drive just does not appear in my computer like it used to so that I can view the files on the card. I have had this problem previously, and it was fixed by repairing my texas instruments controller thing in device manager, but it is working ok when i look at it in device manager now without the slot working. Any help is appreciated!

2. bucsaa18

bucsaa18 Thread Starter

can anyone help with this? please?

3. DarklykraD

DarklykraD

Try uninstall the device, after uninstall right click scan for hardware changes.

4. bucsaa18

bucsaa18 Thread Starter

tried it, to no avail :/

5. darveaux

darveaux

Well, if it was working previously and now isn't and the drivers are up to date and you uninstall and reinstall to no avail....sounds like the hardware took a crap.

Is this one of those multi care readers where it reads other things as well or just the one?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/679200