1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sd card stumper

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jchad74, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jchad74

jchad74 Thread Starter

I am new here and im not sure where to post this. I have a SanDisk 8GB SDHC memory card. I have run Mini Tool Power Data Recovery registered with tech license on it multiple times. Among all the other files it recovers it has recovered 2 files the same size. The size of those 2 files are 13437.26TB. My question is how can you put files that size on a 8GB sd card and how in the world can i find out what it is. I have nothing close to that kinda of memory.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The ability of data recovery software to find/recover files varies based on the type of corruption or damage which was done to the media.

The two files in question are obviously not real. The software is misreading the data.

Not all recovery software is equal. It's not uncommon for different programs to have different abilities. And they will all, at some point, find/recover garbage that they believe to be an actual file.

3. jchad74

jchad74 Thread Starter

Yeah i can imagine what it could be. I have run different data recovery on ot and mini tool is the only one that brings it up and i have run it 100 times and it does every time. Can you recommend a really good data recovery program. I have tried alot. Some of the data trace like Kernel is pretty good. Preferably something i can try before i buy. And thank you for your time

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've only used EaseUs Data Recovery (not free) and TestDisk.

Having said that, I've played around with most of the major brands, and from what I recall, they all allow the tool to function for testing. But they only allow you to scan and see what is found, they won't recover data unless you buy a license.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice