1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD cards and Panasonic Plasma

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jasonlb, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonlb

jasonlb Thread Starter

Hi

Just bought a panasonic plasma with an SD card slot.

2 Problems;

1) I can record programmes on to the card, but when I put the card in my Sony Vaio they won't play!

2) Similarly, the Plasma allows you to view photos on screen, off the SD card. I use a Sony T9 as a camera, so after downloading to my computer, I then download images onto a SD card. The Plasma wont display them?? The TV instruction says a folder DCIM will automatically be created for the photos. Could it be that I have managed to get images onto the card, but not in the right place. How do I create a DCIM folder on the card??

Any help would be appreciated

2. GCDude

GCDude

1) What format are the files in? It might that its in a propriety format, or you dont have the right video codecs on your Sony Vaio.

2) You probably just need to create a folder on the SD card much like creating a folder on your harddrive. and have this named DCIM

The model number of the panasonic would be handy if you have more questions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/494089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice