1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD drive: Error, "Please insert a disk..."

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UncleGooey, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleGooey

UncleGooey Thread Starter

Jayda12 asked a question a while back.... I read with baited breath for the answer..... Still waiting.

I'm new to the SD card world. I'm trying to transfer pix from my phone. My computer has the slot. I put in the tiniest card w/the pix into the adapter and inserted into my SD port of computer. It found new hardware, etc, so I click on the new "SD Disk E:" under "My Computer"
    I get the error message, "Please insert a disk into drive E:"

Ugh.... Help! :confused:

BTW... "UncleGooey" is because my little niece couldn't say "Uncle Gary." :p

2. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar

Meh, only thing I can suggest is has the disk been formatted with FAT/FAT32? Perhaps your phone has formatted the disk with a type of format that windows can't read, but I doubt it. You could try other disks to see if it's a fault with the slot or shell card you are using

3. UncleGooey

UncleGooey Thread Starter

Those are some great ideas -- Thanks, fenderjaguar!
    In the meantime, a friend had a different type of card reader (MobileMate SD+ by SanDisk) that plugged into USB. It worked with no prob, perhaps confirming your suspicion that my phone was NOT fighting against Windows.
    Anyway, the pix are transferred, and my world is at rest once again. (Don't you wish it were that easy with the rest of the world?)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice