1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD MEMORY CARD help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by niloxx, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. niloxx

niloxx Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have an SD memory card which is recognised in my camera. It lets pictures be stored in it, but I cannot load the pictures on to my computer. An error message comes up that there is an USB error, or that the device cannot be connected. The card is recognised but the files on the card do not get loaded. I tried to print a picture and that worked fine. I cannot download my pics though. I don not want to lose the pics.. :(

thankss

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi niloxx, and welcome to TSG.

Are you trying to read the card with a USB connection to the camera while the card is in the camera or some kind of separate card reader.

Is the card an SD card or a higher capacity SDHC High capacity SD card?

If it is an SDHC card and you are using a separate SD card reader make sure that the reader can handle SDHC cards. Some of them will only correctly read SD cards and not SDHC cards.

3. niloxx

niloxx Thread Starter

Hi Thankyou for the reply, it is very much appreciated!

Well the thing is, is that before I was able to read my SD elite pro 2 GB memory card staright from the slot in the printer. I have also tried doing it from the USB cable, but that didnt work either. It is a SD card not a SDHC.
    So I went out and bought a new card for the time being, and this time I bought a SDHC card, without knowing it. And it worked in the printer and the USB, but now today I tried it is failing to read off it!! :(

My problem is that they used to read and suddenly they stop reading. I took my old card to the photocentre, and at one place it failed to read and at the other it was read and succcesfully printed my photos. Im confused!

Thankyou! ! !

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    What brand is the SD card?

5. niloxx

niloxx Thread Starter

Aaah, Im not too sure. On the card it has

the SD icon
    Elite Prp
    2GB high speed
    memory card

6. niloxx

niloxx Thread Starter

i mean *pro not prp

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice