1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SD1 Card reader problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Foxfyre, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1270 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 32145 MB, Free - 8902 MB; D: Total - 5989 MB, Free - 2191 MB; G: Total - 5989 MB, Free - 2191 MB; H: Total - 32145 MB, Free - 2390 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway , , 77.04 , QTFAJJ62512276
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I got a Kodak Easyshare C182 (12 megapixel) digital camera and have some pics on a Sandisk 2GB SD card. I have had no problem using the card reader on my PC at work (another Gateway 'puter) but when I put the card in my Gateway Laptop (scan information above) I get the following message:
    "Cannot install this hardware
    "There was a problem installing this hardware
    SD1 Device
    An error occurred during the installation of the device.
    The specified service does not exist as an installed service"

This is my first experience with this type of technology, and I am pretty much lost. I have used a registry cleaner but as said in a another post, the problem presented itself prior to using that utility. I have used that same utility, by the way on my PC at work and have had no problems with the SD card on that machine.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Foxfyre

2. oksteve

oksteve

sounds as if you need to update the device drivers.
    Its been a while since I used win XP but if you can find the device manager go down the list and look for little yellow icons.
    Right click one at a time and select update driver, via internet, hopefully that'll do the job. Alternatively try the computers website for support on drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice