1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SDHC card reader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cewhit1, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cewhit1

cewhit1 Thread Starter

I have 4 micro SDHC camera cards, a 64 meg, 2 gig, 4 gig and 8 gig. Problem: my computer will only read the 64 meg, via a adapter, and not the 2 gig and above. I can read all directly from the camera connected to the computer via a USB port. Whats up with this?:mad:http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/mad.gif

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Is it an old computer ? Those SDHC cards have evolved to higher capacities over time but your computer's Bios may be too old to read the larger ones.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

I try to toss them when I find them, but I probably still have some of the old readers that would only read cards up to 2 GB. They were USB adapters but wouldn't read the larger ones.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!