1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Seagate 2 TB External Hard disk (Some files not working after being transferred)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Gauravdeep, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Gauravdeep

Gauravdeep Thread Starter

Hi there,

So following is the step by step explanation of what happened:

- Copied all my data from Laptop to Seagate HDD

- Re-installed a fresh copy of windows 7 Ultimate.

- Tried copying all the Data back to laptop, some data had no issues in copying but some was not copying.
    Issue: I can not copy some data and Can not even open them for ex. I do see the video file but can not run it.
    Error: When i try to open the file it says i need to have Administrator rights to run that file.

- What i have tried to fix it and failed:
    1. Tried changing the permissions for all users and for the current user (The administrator) and they are set to full control.

2. Tried UNchecking the 'Encrypt contents to secure data' so as to remove encryption but it returns the same prompt 'you need to have administrator rights to change the encryption type

3. Googled for solutions but in vain. No valid or success answer on google and forums.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!