1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate 40 GB hard drive problem - OS isin't able to explore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gauravraw, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gauravraw

gauravraw Thread Starter

Well friends i connected a hard drive to my computer as a slave, the computer detected it, istalled it automatically and finally the dialogue box was displayed ""your new hardware is installed and ready to use"" ....... but when i enter into my computer, i m not able to see the hard drive, i m not able to see it under computer management option also....

so i downloaded Paragon Partition magic, well it was showing the hard drive but i was not able to format it by any way, can any one tell me what to do now ???

is there any software or any way through which i can get it to work....

i also used a USB HDD enclosure, when i connected it with the usb port of the computer it sounded like a new hardware is attached, it means it's detecting it but i m not able to see it inside my computer, neither m able to explore it....

PLease help ...

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What does it say about the drive in Device Manager? If it doesn't appear in Disk Management, there is a hardware or drive configuration issue.

3. gauravraw

gauravraw Thread Starter

well i formated it using Paragon partition magic........

Thanks JohnWill for ur reply...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice