1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate 500 & 750 gig Harddrive queston

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Swiper, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swiper

Swiper Thread Starter

I noticed on these two drives they have a jumper pin on them
    with jumper pin 1.5 g/sec
    without jumper pin 3.0 g/sec

If my motherboard is compatible with the 3.0 g/sec transfer rate
    can I pull the jumper out, or do the drives only operate at that speed in a raid configuration or is it even worth the hassle ?

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    THat jumper is so that the faster Sata 2 (300Gb/s) drives will work on the older Sata (150Gb/s) sata controllers. If your controllers are Sata 2 then yo can remove the jumper and not worry about it.

3. Swiper

Swiper Thread Starter

haven't run into any of these lately and had to look up my motheboard to make sure it was compatible with the 3.0 / sec transfer rate (which it is)

the wording confused me as it seemed like ti needed to be in raid configuration for the 3.0 but will give it a whirl when I get home

tanks alot !!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/812406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice