1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by harriere, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. harriere

harriere Thread Starter

Hi guys...I am having a big problem..you guys have to sort it out and tell me the what can i do to solve the problem...

The problem is..

I have seagate expansion portable drive of 1tb..which worked fine for somedays....but now i am got stuck with that...bcoz when i connect my seagate drive to usb and green light goes on and a safely remove icon also coming but there is no drive in the my computer and disk management also...When i searched some forums i got the same problem is having by others and got there a statement regarding to check whether drive is spinning or not...after that i found my drive is not spinning and i thinking a way to make it spin and to get all data back to my lap....

And also i had checked with uvcview usb viewer [by microsoft] when i connected my drive it shows the drive and also some other descriptions which i dont know...

So you guys help me to make the drive works and to get my data back....thanks in advance for your help guys....

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It is not spinning now?

Have you tried another computer?

Files that are not backed up are files you should expect to lose.

3. harriere

harriere Thread Starter

Ya tried with another desktop in my home...It also does the same thing...Is there any option to recover those files...

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it spinning?

Professional recovery costs in the upper $100's to $1000's for one drive.

5. harriere

harriere Thread Starter

no not spinning...i want to make it to spin...is there any idea how to make it spin...

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can't. It's dead. Bet get that wallet out.

If it's not still under warranty, you could try taking it out of the case and connecting it to a desktop, either inside or with an adapter.

But if it got banged or dropped, that would be a waste of time.

All drives will fail unless they are not used.

7. harriere

harriere Thread Starter

ok....i will try connecting using adapter...can you tell me what king of adapter i can use...

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

You need a USB adapter that connects to your type of drive. Most of them come with a power supply, too.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice