1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate External Drive Won't Auto Backup Anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kirklott, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirklott

kirklott Thread Starter

Greetings. I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desk external hard drive.

I used to be able to plug it into my laptop, and voila it automatically backed up all my files - and only those that were added or changed.

I gave my laptop a fresh load of Windows 7, and now I can't find the driver disk (if I had one) for the FreeAgent. In any event, now I have to back up manually, and click and paste entire folders (rather than just files that had changed). And I'll be darned if I can find a solution on Seagate's website.

I'd like to get back to the happy place where the FreeAgent detects new or changed files on my laptop, and automatically backs those up.

Suggestions please?

2. kirklott

kirklott Thread Starter

Never mind: figured it out:

What do I do in the event that I lose my Seagate Manager software?

You can always download the Seagate Manager software in the event that it is lost or deleted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice