1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate External Expansion Portable not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Denzzzz, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Denzzzz

Denzzzz Thread Starter

So I have this Portable External Drive 1TB the problem is that I can't access the disk (It doesn't show up in my computer) In it's properties it says this device is working properly, in device management it's shown as Disk 1, unknown, not initialized. I tried initializing the disk in MBR it shows "The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error" and in GPT "The size is less than the minimum size required for GPT disks". already tried different cables but it still doesn't work, already tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still doesn't work. already tried a bunch of different software's but the drive doesn't show up there, except for AOMEI partition assistant it can read the external drive but when I tried formatting it, it said can't access.

Please help, I'd be a large help if I can recover the files, it's still fine if i can use it.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. Denzzzz

Denzzzz Thread Starter

Hello, The seagtools doesn't read my external and the other tool crashes so It didn't seem to work, and again i opened device management and saw my external drive (disk 1) now i again tried initializing the disk but it said "The system cannot find the file specified" so I'm now wondering if it's still possible to fix it using windows 10 manually.

please help, thank you very much.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you have a desktop computer, then you can remove the external hard drive outer box and take the hard drive and attach it to your PC directly inside. Then try SeaTools again.

5. Denzzzz

Denzzzz Thread Starter

I'm sorry but is there another way excluding removing putting the hard drive directly inside? because I don't have any SATA cables :((

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

A SATA cable costs max $10. You can get it shipped to you, online store newegg.com has good prices.

7. Denzzzz

Denzzzz Thread Starter

Hey, sorry I didn't really opened my seagate expansion and connected the hard drive manually, I didn't actually had the time to do so, just this time I connected my external and found a way to format it and now I'm recovering my files, I don't personally know what happened >-< but thanks anyways

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice