1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate External Hard Drive 1tb not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jt1983, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jt1983

jt1983 Thread Starter

I have used this hard drive without issues since the day I bought it (Nov. 26 2009). All the sudden 2 days ago I unplugged it from my laptop and when I returned home and plugged it back in my computer flashed a screen saying the drive was not formatted. I contacted Seagate and followed their steps. However, I am still getting nothing. The drive is showing up under my computer, but only as a local disk, not as an expansion drive as it did before the drive also shows up under my device manager, but, once again if I try to do anything my computer will lock up. Whenever I try to access it, my computer will lock up. When shutting down my computer it will continue to stay on the windows is shutting down screen until I unplug the drive from the USB. It is not emitting any funny noises. I am not sure what to do; there is too much information on the drive for my computer to hold if I tried to do a data recovery. It is just strange that it would work fine and then a few hours later give me all kinds of issues. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!
    I am operating with a Dell 1737 studio, 4gb, with windows 7 ultimate.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice