1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate external hard drive videos are lost

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Josephjou9, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Josephjou9

Josephjou9 Thread Starter

In the past two years, I had connected many interesting and touching videos on my Seagate external hard drive so that I could view and taste them at any time when I want. But, yesterday, when seeing them on my laptop with my girl friend, this drive was mistakenly formatted and all videos were gone. Fortunately, I had copied many back from the online storage. But, the online backup had not been updated over three months. There were still about 10 videos that could not be rescued. Do you have any idea for me to get them back? Thank you for any suggestion!

2. Frozwire

Frozwire

You can try some basic data recovery applications like Testdisk/Photorec or Recuva.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Did you copy the files back from the cloud to the same disk that was accidently formatted? If so you may have overwritten the sectors where the 10 videos you wish to cover were originally stored.

4. Camillaleo0

Camillaleo0

After reading your post, I have thought about the problem of my flash drive. At that time, after attaching my USB flash drive to computer, the Windows always asked me to format it before using and I had no choice but to format it afterwards. And then, all stored stuffs were lost with that formatting process.
    So, to re-view them again, I had searched a lot over the internet and finally got most of my stuffs back with the guidance of a related video tutorial.
    So, if you really have no luck to get your videos back, this tutorial may also help you somehow.
    Also read more detailed information of data recovery:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_recovery
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpVkzCt4KbQ
    hope they will help you out!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1133834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice