Seagate Free Agent Go: Does not Appear

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sflamini

This external Hard Drive is not appearing when I plug it in. I get Code 28, which says that there are no drivers.

When I go to the Device Manager, it looks like it's only coming up as 'Other Devices' and is described as Unknown Device. I've tried uninstalling it, re-booting, and plugging it back in, but the same thing happens.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Sue

sflamini

yes, it worked last week.

First, I get a pop-up that said "unidentified device, no driver found"

In Disk Manager, under Volume, i see C, D, and System Reserved. Beneath that it lists Disk 0, C, and CD-Rom.

I assume D is a partition of C?
What is Disk 0? Is it formatted? What file system? Did you expect to see it?

sflamini

No - D is actually the CD drive.

No idea what Disk 0 is. Is there something i can do with it?

It says Disk 0, Basic, 74.53 GB, Online, Healthy

Safely remove this drive and see if it disappears from Disk Management.
We need to know what disk 0 is.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online