Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB external hard disk not detecting

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
I have a brand new Seagate Free Agent GoFlex 1 TB external HDD. Actually it's my dad's and I was suspicious that it might have a virus. So I booted my laptop through Ubuntu and plugged my Seagate once it booted successfully. There was no virus, just some default files that can be found on a new HDD, like UserManuals, an exe file also which I guess might have been the driver. There were some other files as well but I can't remember the names. Relieved that there is no virus, I formatted the Seagate HDD because I knew (or believed) that those files aren't really necessary to run the HD. A message appeared which said the disk couldn't be formatted properly but still was opening with no data in it. Yesterday I wanted some data from my friend and plugged in the HD in her computer. The HD did open and drive window appeared with no data in it. Everything fine. Suddenly the window disappeared and drive was not there even in My Computer. I unplugged and replugged the HD many times but the HD could not be detected. Now I can't use this Seagate HD, as it's not even being detected. :mad:

What went wrong? Did something happen due to the deletion of those default files? Or something else went wrong?

Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.