seagate freeagent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

casperblond

I have a seagate freeagent and I was trying to upload a video to youtube. It froze so I shut down the internet site. Now my freeagent will not open. My computer sees it but when I try to open it, it says that another program is using it and to close any programs down. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in.....still the same error. I have my whole life in pictures on the drive......I cannot loose any of them.

Any help would be appreciated

I have my whole life in pictures on the drive......I cannot loose any of them.
There are two kinds of storage devices: those that have already failed and those that will. Data you have only one copy of is data you intend to not keep.

Try the device on another computer. If it works there, you're saved.

If not, your next step is to determine whether it is the enclosure that has failed or the hard disk inside.

WARNING: Performing the next operation will void your warranty.

Remove the disk from the enclosure and connect it internally to a desktop computer. If it works there you have determined the enclosure failed. If not, we have further work to do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts