Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagate GoFlex Format Problem

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NegativeKelvin 
#1 ·
I have a Seagate GoFlex External hard drive (2TB). I originally formatted with an apple computer, running OSX, which I no longer have. I am trying to format it to run on my windows computer. The bios seems to recognize it, but the Operating system does not. I am also unable to format it on my Linux computer. I have had the BIOS on both computers scan the GoFlex drive, but the bios says it is fine, no problems with it. Does anyone have any Ideas?

Edit: I've also tried the troubleshooting on the Seagate website, But my Disk Management won't open, it just says "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service..." and only that
It will NOT load the information about disks

Edit: I've gotten it to work, or at least that part. Do I want to initalize it with an MBR or GPT partitioning style?

Edit: I have tried to initalize it, but it says it could not because of I/O device error
The link to the error message screen shot is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef71h0kze9yczom/Error.jpg
Could this be a driver problem? or is the Hard Drive bad. (I sure hope it's not)

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.