Seagate Hard Drive/Major Computer Problems help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gre_Funky

Hello, Well... I first bought a Mesh Computer last year some time, And about 6 months ago it had a hard drive problem, So when i took it in to a computer shop they told me i needed a new hard drive, They replaced it with a SeaGate hard drive, I have been having alot of computer problems lately and i don't know what has caused it, At first when i turned my computer on it would freeze and just stop, i wouldn't be able to move the mouse or anything. I tried it about 2-3 times a day and after about 4-5 days it worked, It loaded up the user i clicked on (the only one on the comp) and then i got like a little yellow sign in the bottom right hand corner of the task bar. I put my mouse over it and it said somthing about files being corrupt and i should run chkdsk.

So i click on run and type the "cmd" command, And do chkdsk /f /r command and it asks me if i want to check it on next restart, I say yes and then when i restart my computer nothing happens.

I load everything back up again to find out the problem has only got worse, I click on the user and i get a message which says as following;

This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUSTHORITY\SYSTEM

Time Before Shutdown : 60
(It starts at 60 and counts down in seconds)

The system process
C:\windows\system32\services.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819. The system will now shut down and restart.

Then i was told to type "shutdown -a" in the run box then try to check the chkdsk again.

This time when i try it i get a message that says

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>chkdsk c: /f /r
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

I can't do any type of chkdsk when i run the normal one "chkdsk" it goes through the first stage and gets stuck on stage 2/3 at about 91% and says somthing like Errors could not be fixed, Then everything freezes again.

I've tryed everything possible and i can't find anything i can do, When i do the shutdown -a command i can't do anything else accept use "Start" commands, I can't open the internet or anything.

So yeh... Im basicly stuck in a bad situation

Kk im not sure what any of this is but i'll give you the infomation off the hard drive

SeaGate

Barracuda 7200.8
250 Gbytes

+5V 0.46A
+12V 0.56A

S/N: 3ND1MAKZ

Model: ST3250823AS

Firmware: 3.03

Date Code: 06077 Site Code: AMK

I'm looking for a way to reset everything off it, I can't do it by accessing my admin user because i get so many problems like what i have explained above.

Any help would be really great... Thanks.

Gre_Funky

After the message

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>chkdsk c: /f /r
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

It should come up with the message that asks me if i wish to run the chkdsk at next restart but it doesn't it just freezes at that point.

It looks like you got a bad hard drive there. Was it an absolutely new hard drive that you bought from the shop?
You should go the seagate site, and dowload the seagate test tools. Download the iso file, burn it on a CD, and boot up your PC with it, and check your hard drive for errors by running tests from the CD. It will tell you if the hard drive is failing. You should get it replaced if it shows errors. It should be in warranty, as you just bought it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online