1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate Momentus XT - 500GB

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by redhat9, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redhat9

redhat9 Thread Starter

I thought I'd share my two-cents in regards to this Seagate Hard Drive.

I'll start by saying that I've been a loyal WD guy for many years. I have a Quad-Core Athlon that needed a hard drive (the main WD had died), for the best price, I ended up getting a 1TB Seagate to replace it. It's been a great drive.

Fast forward two months later, my Inspiron was starting to get a bit pokey. It's a Core i3 with 8GB memory and had a 5400RPM Seagate 500GB. I decided to upgrade it to one of the hybrid drives. After many reviews and some close consideration I thought I would give it a try.

I am impressed! I'm not sure if it is mostly due in part to the fact that it is a 7200RPM drive or if the hybrid technology is really shining through, but wow, this thing performs.

I cloned my existing drive to the new one (worked flawlessly). I was able to trim my boot up from 64 to 39 seconds.

Anyone else use one of these?

2. redhat9

redhat9 Thread Starter

Oops, mods, could I get this moved to the Hardware section. Thanks.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Since you seem to have no problem, it doesn't belong in the technical forums. I'll move it to "Tips".

4. redhat9

redhat9 Thread Starter

Thanks.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

No problem. And it is not that it is unappreciated. But you understand that helpers and those with problems alike find things easier when editorials, blogs, and opinion pieces don't get put among the problems that people are trying to get solved, or to solve.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice