Solved seagate nas OS JBOD setup help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

damienfil

Hi i just got the "6 bay seagate nas pro" and I wanted to set up each drive individually so I have one drive and my wife has another drive and my kids all have a drive each without combining all the drives together. This is so if i want to upgrade a drive in the future i can.
The set up with JBOD in the seagate nas OS 4 combines all drives and writes information to the first drive and once thats full moves to the next drive and so on. I looked around and if i wanted to upgrade the first drive or first drive fails i would lose data. Is there anyway to set up the drives to be viewed like you would have in windows D: drive E: Drive etc. This will stop the kids filling up my drive and not fighting and if they want to have extra space they can buy a new hard drive (6 x 2TB HDD)
Not worried about backup and raid
If anyone has any idea i would be very thankful
Thanks
Damien

Oddba11

Jim
That's how Seagate implemented JBOD. There are two types of JBOD, spanning and individual drive.

If you want individual drives, return the Seagate for a different model.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online