Seagate Pocket Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dr_theopolis

Well lets just say that this isn't what i thought i was buying. The main reason I wanted it was so that i could carry around a live knoppix distro but I can't get the thing to boot from anything but Free_DOS(nothing bad to say about that really) but I would love to get ISOlinux on there somehow, ultimately just as a boot loader so that i can just swap out ISO's when i want to run a new distro and still keep a swap folder for data and be able to move back and forth.
Mr. Praetorian01 had an interesting idea on another thread but I don't think his goal was widely received because others could not see the possibilities. So I started a new thread to specifically focus on the Seagate pocket drive.
Is it a fad product? am i weird to try this? I don't know. But no one else on the net that I can find has seen fit to try and hack this device. I mainly want to make sure that no one has broken this wheel before I try to invent it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online