1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seagate Pocket Drive

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by dr_theopolis, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr_theopolis

dr_theopolis Thread Starter

Well lets just say that this isn't what i thought i was buying. The main reason I wanted it was so that i could carry around a live knoppix distro but I can't get the thing to boot from anything but Free_DOS(nothing bad to say about that really) but I would love to get ISOlinux on there somehow, ultimately just as a boot loader so that i can just swap out ISO's when i want to run a new distro and still keep a swap folder for data and be able to move back and forth.
    Mr. Praetorian01 had an interesting idea on another thread but I don't think his goal was widely received because others could not see the possibilities. So I started a new thread to specifically focus on the Seagate pocket drive.
    Is it a fad product? am i weird to try this? I don't know. But no one else on the net that I can find has seen fit to try and hack this device. I mainly want to make sure that no one has broken this wheel before I try to invent it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540081

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice