Search and Thesaurus(Word) not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blade1

System: Microsoft XP Home Edition
Microsoft Word 2007

Both were fine for years, and in constant use, until a few days ago, this happened.

The Search companion, used for searching for files and folders, would fail to even load. Once the search button is clicked on, the sidebar it usually appears on goes blank.

Thesaurus would fail to look up any word, and would just display "No results found. Please search again." After some investigation, I found that the translation function also failed in the same way. Both of these functions are located in the Review section of Word, under Research. In this problem, when either the thesaurus or translation button was clicked, the Research button was highlighted instead.

Jason83

Banned
Have you tried a SYSTEMRESTORE to a point prior to your problem?
Also which service pack are you currently running?How about uninstalling then reinstalling microsoft word.

Blade1

Hahaha it wasn't on... bc I didn't know where to access it. Thx for the link. Both the search and Word work properly now. Guess Windows was trolling me... seriously.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online