Search app not working in xp-home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nhoop615

I'm running windows XP-home edition...with all current critical patches, etc.

When clicking "All files and folders" over the !#$% little dog, the small white "enter" space opens up - but it's inactive, I cannot enter what I'm searching for.

Please feel free to email me on this,

MANY thanks,

Nat

try this

Open Explorer and go to the c:\Windows\inf folder. Locate the srchasst.inf file. Right click it and select Install.

You'll need your XP CD or the files from the i386 folder.

nhoop615

Nope, it changed nothing.
Nat

>try this
>Open Explorer and go to the c:\Windows\inf folder. Locate the >srchasst.inf file. Right click it and select Install.

>You'll need your XP CD or the files from the i386 folder.[/QUOTE]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online